Are you a visual designer who loves working structured and who loves to be in charge of all the nitty-gritty details? Do you have experience with systematic design and designing systems? Then we are looking for you!
We are Hike One, one of the finest teams of digital designers in The Netherlands. For our clients we design digital services that look awesome and work extremely smooth. We operate from Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven and are looking for a first-class visual designer for our Eindhoven or Rotterdam office. If you are an experienced and talented designer, go ahead and apply! Should you want to read more about our team, our culture, our portfolio or our way of working, then have a look at our website or one of our social media pages.
What do we expect from you?
To us, your passion for design is most important because if you are driven then only the sky is the limit. We’d like you to have at least two to four years work experience, but if you believe you're a great talent in spite of your experience we'd love it for you to convince us.
In any case, you:
• feel at home in the digital domain
• like working extremely structured
• deliver pixel-perfect designs
• enjoy working out the details as well defining the visual direction for a project or brand
• are able to understand the impact of design changes and consider the bigger picture when making decisions
• understand how your design decisions will impact development
• are experienced in working with Sketch and Sketch libraries
• have experience working on pattern libraries for design systems
• enjoy talking about your work
• are capable of looking at your own work in a critical way
• are able to independently plan projects for our bigger clients
• know that this field of work changes very fast and are willing to adapt and learn
Moreover, unthinkingly colouring wireframes is not your thing: you have a strong opinion on how to combine storytelling, visual hierarchy and layout to present a good digital product. You’re skillful with a number of tools and softwares (e.g. Sketch, Principle, InVision, Photoshop, Zeplin, Confluence, Jira) and you easily adapt to new developments within your special field. If you’re strongly opinionated, thoroughly want to develop yourself and if you can work in a team where people speak up on design matters, we’re on the same page.
Yes, that's me! What will I do?
At Hike One, you’ll be doing lots of different things. Maybe you’ll create a new digital brand for a start-up in two days. Or you start your week with a design stand-up in the scrum team of a client. Together with your team members, you’ll look for the best solutions to tickets on the backlog. You could also take over from a colleague on a long running project. Your fresh approach will be very valuable.
Most importantly, you’ll be working with lots of interesting companies. You will most likely work at their office every now and then. On the other days you get to work from our new Eindhoven office at Strijp-S or our Rotterdam office with a beautiful view on the Leuvehaven and Erasmus bridge. If you come on board, you have the chance to build up your portfolio with outstanding projects. Your future colleagues have created hundreds of products over the last years, such as great new mobile apps for Ziggo, Buienradar, and ANWB. Or Drop&Fly, a terrific self-checkin luggage system for airports. Also, a new website for Funda, the biggest real estate website of the country.
I’m still interested! What's in it for me?
Isn’t that great! Now, let’s talk about what you’ll get in return for all your hard work. Of course there’s a monthly salary and 25 days holiday a year. You’ll get an annual budget to use for education purposes and a top-notch MacBook including every tool you need. If you run into a sweet new tool that we weren’t aware of yet, we’ll make sure to get it for everyone at the office. And who knows, maybe you can give a lunch lecture on your new discovery.
But wait, there's even more:
• monthly guild days to follow up on a topic which triggers your interest
• regular activities with your colleagues
• a yearly weekend trip
• fine organic lunches and fun colleagues to play foosball with
• compensation for your travel and phone expenses
You’ve convinced me! What do I do now?
Get in touch now! You probably know how.Bekijk deze vacature